Hey there! Welcome back to the show. I’m so excited that you’re here. I know so many of my listeners are already moms or are planning on expanding their family in the near future so in this episode, we’re talking all about planning for maternity leave or extended time off in your business.
I had my first child back in 2020 and was able to take 3 months off while my agency ran in the background. During that time, I was able to adjust to being a new mom without having to worry about my business, and let me tell you, it was amazing and now I am a huge advocate for moms taking longer maternity leave.
I have seen some business owners who only take a week or two off and then they’re back at it and that just sounds stressful to me because whether it’s your very first baby or your 4th baby, there’s going to be some sort of adjustment period that needs to be taken into consideration.
So if you’re currently pregnant or even if you’re just planning to take off a month or more from your business in the next 6 months or so, then this episode is for you.
THINGS TO DO TO MAKE YOUR TIME OFF RUN SMOOTHER
- Figure out in advance how you’re going to deal with your clients and/or students during your time off and let them know sooner rather than later.
- Give yourself more time than you think you’ll need.
- Prep your social media + emails to go out while you’re away so you can be fully present with your newborn or on your trip or whatever.
- Do a trial run before your due date with your team so that they can get used to you not always being there.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself.
Now I want to know, have you planned a maternity leave in your business before? Did you feel like you were able to take off enough time or not? I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to DM me over on Instagram @jenny.suneson and we can chat about it.