Today I am chatting with Layne Lyons. As a lawyer and legal expert, Layne Lyons, JD will help you have total confidence, knowing all your hard work is protected, so you can grow the business of your dreams without ever holding back or looking over your shoulder with worry. In this episode, we talk all about legal foundations.
What We Discuss In This Episode:
- Layne shares about herself and how she got started in the online space. She has been a lawyer for 27 years. She helps women entrepreneurs get their businesses buttoned up.
- She found that many business owners were being vulnerable because they were not using contracts.
- If we know that the foundation of the business is really solid we can build anything we want on top of it.
- A serious business has serious contracts so that everybody is on the same page.
- When you have guests on your podcasts you have to have a guest speaker agreement in writing. Who is going to own any of the media?
- Better to figure things out now. The only thing worse than a disaster is a disaster with no disaster plan. Your written agreement is going to be your disaster plan.
- We want to make sure that the name you choose for your podcast is available and that you have started the trademark process before you launch your podcast.
- The real benefit to trademarking your podcast name is that you own the name.
- Trademarking is not something you should do yourself. You want to have a trademark lawyer search the name for you before you start doing all the hard work of marketing and creating content.
- Start with trademarking your podcast in the US.
- Sometimes being an expert is knowing when to outsource.
- We can’t use music that belongs to someone else because that is their intellectual property (content). Use open-source music or create your own music.
- Your disclaimer is really important on your podcast. We want to make sure that everybody listening understands exactly what that information is appropriate for and what it is not appropriate for.
- Layne shares her favorite podcasts.
Entrepreneurs need to protect their businesses and their peace of mind. As a lawyer and legal expert, Layne Lyons, JD will help you have total confidence, knowing all your hard work is protected, so you can grow the business of your dreams without ever holding back or looking over your shoulder with worry. Layne believes that legal stuff doesn’t have to be intimidating and overwhelming. She is here to make it simple, straightforward, and easy to understand with real-life examples and funny relatable stories to help you feel comfortable and ready to take action, so you can get your business buttoned-up and set up for success.
Follow Us on Social Media: